You can’t call yourself a dentist unless you have specific hard-earned credentials. Just about anyone, however, can hang a shingle and call himself a home improvement contractor. That’s why choosing a reputable one is so difficult. Here are some tips:
· Find out if he or she is truly in business full-time. A part-time or occasional contractor may not have the experience necessary to do a great job.
· Ask about licenses and other credentials. Some contractors have accreditations from professional and trade associations.
· Review his or her project portfolio. A reputable contractor will have photos and other evidence of work completed for similar clients.
· Check online for reviews. If there are more than five poor reviews within the past three years — that’s a red flag.
· Ask for references. Then, call at least one.
Finally, the best contractors are those that get recommended by people you trust.
Looking for a contractor recommendation? Call today.